Isn't a lifetime promotion a bit scammy?

A lifetime promotion is often viewed as a last effort for a dying company to generate funds. Additionally, if you stay open for any reasonable amount of time after selling lifetime packages, you’re obviously losing money. How is this financially sustainable?

Great question!

Our lifetime packages are sustainable by these points:

1. They’re limited. If you’ve been watching us, you know we’ve been selling them for a while. You might think we’re selling a ton of them, but we’re not. To be honest, we haven’t sold that many at all, and we don’t plan to.

2. 10GB storage allocations are easily nested into corners of servers that are generating $15k-$20k revenue per year. There’s room for a bit of loss.

3. Lifetime means the lifetime of MXroute. If every other customer cancels service, no one orders any further service, and only lifetime services remain, then it’s obvious MXroute is nearing it’s end. There’s absolutely no reason for us to plan for that scenario or to act as though it’s an inevitable future. In no way is that a reasonable situation, we’ll always be competitive and creative to keep earning your business. But even if that situation occurs 10 years down the road, won’t you have gotten a pretty sweet deal that beats our regular price offers?

The reason for the lifetime promotion is this: We’re rapidly growing and scaling up our infrastructure. We have no intention of being in financial debt, and no intention of seeking investors. We’re healthy and driven. To accelerate our growth, we’re accepting investments into our company for one simple thing in return: A small service for the lifetime of our company (and no we’re not going to rebrand to drop lifetime packages by those terms, that would be scammy). It’s a small price to pay to receive investments toward our growth without investors or loans.

While we could grow just fine without any investments, as MXroute is a healthy company, we have a vision for the company that we want to push toward with everything we have. If our advancement is slow, so be it. If it can be accelerated, even better.

Hope that answers your questions :slight_smile:

I NEVER like to suggest this but as they will be assigned to separate servers, you can use the domain on the new server - but be aware that you are going to have to abandon use of that domain name on the original server completely, and if you are going to migrate email between the two servers you will need to use the server hostnames in the migration.

Hi, I’ve created I topic and one (or few) questions inside is about lifetime plan, could you help?

Hi, Jarland!

Is it possible to purchase the lifetime subscription for an existing account? I went to My Products & Services / Product Details / Upgrade/Downgrade and there were no options at all there (not even to upgrade to Medium or Large).

Thanks for your help.

DRW

Per email address, but I’d ask you to not just use multiple email accounts for the sole purpose of bypassing it.

You can upgrade to one of the front page packages from there if you choose.

Hi, I’m getting ready to setup initial emails for a 3-Year account and would like to upgrade to the LTD. How would I do that, and is there any credit that can be applied? Can both accounts exist under the same email login? Should I cancel my current account and set up a new account with the LTD? Logout and then add to cart?

Nothing is added to my cart when I click on the LTD button with this link, https://portal.mxroute.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=88. Please advise. Thank you.

I only have one domain. What do I do now if I also want to have the lifetime product? @Alento maybe you can answer this if I can register that product with the same domain I already have on another product (cPanel server, Friday)

Hi Alento, thanks so much for the response. It looks as though it is still available because I was able to go through the motions of purchasing - but wanted to avoid migrating. But perhaps it’s worth it anyway. Thanks!

I suspect that you are on a cPanel or VestaCP server??? If so, there won’t be any upgrade paths shown as both types of servers have been removed from active sales. If this is the case, you would need to completely migrate your email to a different server, which may influence your decision … just something to think about. As for if the lifetime promo is still available, @Jarland is the one to answer that if you’re still interested knowing that you’ll have to migrate.

Due to demand I’m unable to assist in moving customers between promotions. You are more than welcome to order any new promotion and move over to it at any time though :slight_smile:

Yes, makes sense, and your instructions for migrating from another server presumably work just as well for migrating from one MXRoute service to another. Thanks for responding.

Hi - Is the 300 outbound emails per hour limit, per email address or per package?

Thanks

@Jarland would an upgrade be possible from my current 3-Year account to Lifetime? I don’t mind that data will be lost or I’d be moved to a new server.

Is the 10GB per email address or per domain name or the whole package is 10GB

10GB total allocation for the service, however you choose to divide that up. The limit applies to 10GB total used for all domains/emails combined under that service.

@Jarland , what happens when you go over the 10 gb for the lifetime deal? How do we upgrade to more GB? One time price to upgrade? yearly subscription? Please advise in detail.

@Jarland Can I stack by purchsing 2 LTD deals into one account? I mean I have 20 GB in my account :slightly_smiling_face:

They would be two separate accounts that couldn’t be stacked, but if you have several domains you want to host email with and could split them up across the two accounts, that would work well and you’re welcome to do it :slight_smile: