What is Community Led Support?

As MXroute has reduced support options. It would be a great time for @Jarland to explain the dream he wishes to achieve. This thread also allows us refer to goals, ethics, and ways to improve for future evaluation.

Other Topic Names:

• Working towards a Community led Support.
  • Community based Support
  • Advancing Community Support

The idea behind community led support is to pool our resources and make it easier for customers to find answers to questions. What we learned early on was this: I can answer your question in 5 different ways before you reach out to me, and some of you still won’t know the answer. This means I’ve wasted my time on those 5 efforts, and I’ve wasted your time by making you reach out to me to find the answer.

The reason my efforts do not answer your question is simple. The questions I ask do not look like the questions that you ask. I’ve noticed this in tech support at every turn. For example, I would put out an article titled “How to fix Wordpress memory issues” and the customer would move past it and ask “How do I fix database connection error?” Though the issues were the same, we both saw it differently.

By giving you a forum to ask questions, I am empowering you to control the language. Perhaps the same question needs to be answered 50 times before it helps, but eventually the differences in language used to ask that question will lead to another customer finding their answer without having to speak to me about it directly. This means that I have more free time to help customers who really need my help, because I’m spending less of it answering the same repetitive questions.

By going this route the hope is that we can keep prices low, support accessible, and service quality high.