Typical response time for creating a new account?

Not wanting to seem impatient at all, I’d only like to know if it’s just a matter of time before receiving the “Important Account Information” email after placing a new order. Or if perhaps my order was flagged for some reason or I goofed something up. It’s only been about 12 hours since I placed the order, so I’m not intending to complain. Just wondering what to expect.

I saw in Activated account that even spammers are signing up to make human-sounding support requests. So if it is the case that my order was flagged for some reason, is there any way to prove that I’m a human and not intending to use MXroute for nefarious stuff?

I also found some previous posts about a temporary problem that resulted in these Account Info emails not being sent. But these were quite old, so I don’t expect it’s the same problem recurring.

It should be instant. If it marked you as potential fraud it shouldn’t accept payment. I’m not seeing an account matching your name/email though. If you want to click my name here and send a private message or join chat.mxroute.com and message me there, just toss me some info to help me identify your account and I’ll see what happened.

Thanks, I never got to the payment screen last night, so I figured either I goofed something up or I was flagged. Tried again just now with Privacy Badger disabled and everything worked great this go around. Problem solved!