Is there any way to automate email backups?

Hi,

I noticed in the MXRoute DirectAdmin panel I was able to pull up “Backed Up Web Logs” or something and compress the imap folder of my domains and download them to my computer. I was wondering if there’s possibly FTP account information or the like where I could set up an rclone script on a server to do a weekly backup of my account to Backblaze or something similar, that way I have extra backups just in case something goes wrong.

Thank you!

Welcome to the MXroute Community Forums, @iMax!

The recommended way would be to backup through IMAP. Alternatively, in DirectAdmin there is an FTP account that uses your DA username/password. Simply mirror it using rclone or lftp and way you go. (hopefully :sweat_smile:)

If you are on the Reseller plan, there is an option to send backups over ftp/sftp to another location, and a bit more fine grain access into the backup system.

“Main account” as in DirectAdmin account credentials, correct?

Awesome, I just logged in through FTP with my DirectAdmin credentials and it worked! Thank you!

@Alento Can you give me a hint how I can access that data via FTP or another protocol?

This sounds great. I already found the filemanager in DA which seems to show everything I want. But how can I access it?
I can reach an FTP server on the standard port of my server (via my own domain) and tried to login with my main account and password.

USER xyz***
331 User xyz*** OK. Password required
PASS ****
530 Login authentication failed

I didnt find an FTP menu entry in DA.

How can I login via FTP or something else?

Yes, thanks for the clarification.