Welcome/Setup Email Lost

In a prior email about a problem with Outbound mail going to Spam it was mentioned that setup instructions should be in the “Welcome Email”, and pointing to the “Client Email History”. I’ve been a client for awhile and don’t have a Welcome Email there. I’ve checked in my emails and don’t see one there either.

Could someone resend, so I can verify I have everything setup correctly. Looking at my DNS records at my host I think some things may have changed in the suggested setup.

Thanks,
David

I am sure that @Jarland or @Louis will resend it to you when they are online, but in the meantime look in your other topic. I pasted the information for the banshee server there. In your case change all references to banshee.mxlogin.net to the server that you are assigned to.

Thanks Alento! I saw your post on my other topic.

Have the admins noticed more hacks or attacks on the login if you point the A or CNAME record to MXRoute? Not pointing them an attacker would have to read the MX entries to know where the email is hosted. If the records are pointed mail..com an attacker would know what domain they are attempting to break into. Just curious…

Thanks

New welcome email sent. The password for the cPanel account is incorrect in that email, and may display weird characters. If you need that, let me know and I’ll set a new one for you.

I haven’t found a correlation between the two, but it is plausible given that I am convinced that there is a spammer out there who looks for two things:

1. A domain that points to our servers.
  2. An email address on that domain which might share a password with a compromised account from another service.

The reason I believe this may be the case is that we’ve had several instances in which a customer account had been compromised where there were no brute force attacks, and the spammer seemed to know our infrastructure fairly intimately (they may even be a customer).

That could be me being paranoid as well, I’m quite paranoid about security.