Used Mail tester

after testing one of my emails in the mail tester it recognized these problems,
1:- has no applicable sender policy
2:- 65.30.27.19 to use name@mydomain.com
Do I have to add a new text spf record in cloudflare with name being added in the name section?

[SPF] mydomain.com does not allow your server 65.30.27.19 to use name@mydomain.com

Sender Policy Framework (SPF) is an email validation system designed to prevent email spam by detecting email spoofing, a common vulnerability, by verifying sender IP addresses.

What we retained as your current SPF record is:

v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.anotherdomain.com include:blizzard.mxrouting.net ip4:45.54.261.45 ~all

More information about this error:

mydomain.com: Included domain ‘blizzard.mxrouting.net’ has no applicable sender policy

Verification details:

dig +short TXT mydomain.com :

• “v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.anothersmtp.com include:blizzard.mxrouting.net ip4:45.54.261.45 ~all”

dig +short TXT @whatever.ns.cloudflare.com. mydomain.com :

• “v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.anothersmtp.com include:blizzard.mxrouting.net ip4:45.54.261.45 ~all”

spfquery --scope mfrom --id name@mydomain.com --ip 65.30.27.19 --helo-id dal3relay19.mxroute.com :

Sorry about the long post :slight_smile:

It sounds like you’re sending mail from your Charter IP and not through our servers, as the IPs you mentioned should not be present in any email sent through our servers. The questions of DNS should be answered here:

https://mxroute.com/docs-category/dns/

Your SPF record is definitely not in line with any of our documentation, please be sure that you read the “Important Account Information” email after signup. The linked documentation above will help you locate it if needed.

My auto responder sent me these instructions,

If you are using your personal SMTP server your SPF record should look like this:

v=spf1 +a +mx include:spf.autorespondersmtp.com include:YOUR-SENDING-SERVER-DOMAIN ip4:YOUR-SENDING-SERVER-IP ~all

Where “YOUR-SENDING-SERVER-DOMAIN” is your SMTP host (e.g. smtp.mydomain.com) and “YOUR-SENDING-SERVER-IP” is your SMTP server’s IP address (e.g. 192.168.0.1).

otherwise, I couldn’t get it to work?

Okay your the expert :wink:
I will go over it in the morning

Thanks for your help
Good Night

I don’t know much about that, but the server hosting your email doesn’t send the emails. We send emails from nearly 1,000 different IPs in a rotation and go through multiple IPs if necessary to ensure delivery, so just including blizzard.mxrouting.net’s A record in your SPF isn’t going to help. You’d need to use the include for our SPF record as outlined in the Important Account Information email and/or the documentation linked above.

But that doesn’t do much to explain how you sent email directly from your home ISP without using us as an SMTP server, that speaks to a software issue and I couldn’t really theorize how it could’ve been set up to do that.