Task Sync Thunderbird

Hi.
I am using Thunderbird (lightning) to sync calendars and would like to also sync tasks. I can see all my tasks in horde, so I know they are picking up from caldav on Android, but I can’t get them to sync to Thunderbird. In Thunderbird the calendar works ok, but if I select this for tasks I get the message “Please select a calendar that supports tasks”. I also tried a couple of the horde task urls, but they don’t seem to work. Any ideas?

Hi,

The issue is that Thunderbird needs the specific URL to the tasks in the calendar, its not smart enough to work it out from high level url.
Luckily there is a useful addon called tbsync which can work out the url to your tasks and add the correct calendars in a nice UI. This addon uses its own caldav and carddav addon and works fine for my light use.

Hey friend!

Is it at all possible that the items in Horde landed there through something other than CalDAV? I’ll explain the reason that I ask.

It has been generally true that the webmail clients have no connectivity to the Cal/CardDAV protocols. However, I generally do not review cPanel’s updates to the webmail clients and I delegate full control of that to their team (typically spending most of my efforts on outbound infrastructure and IP reputation). So it could be that I’ve missed something in an update, but it would first be my expectation that Horde does not connect back to these protocols and instead stores things separately.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Works perfectly, thank you :smiley:

Hi Jarland. Thanks for getting back to me.

It is unlikely that the items ended up there without CalDav. I rarely use webmail and it’s the first time I’ve looked at horde. My main problem is not with webmail, but with task support in Thunderbird lightning. The calendar is working and syncing ok, but the problem is that the calendar is reporting that it does not support tasks. It was working up until a couple of weeks ago (can’t remember exactly). I was thinking either Thunderbird (lightning) must have changed the way it handles tasks or something on the mx server has changed. As I write this I think maybe it is more of a Lightning issue, but non synced calendars are working with tasks, so I’m a bit stumped.