Support for Handshake TLD Domain Hosting

Handshake, the Decentralized naming and certificate authority is bringing big hopes for some in the Web 3.0 space. I was wondering if there would be a way to allow these type of domains to be hosted via MXRoute.

Some resources I came across (I’m not too technical about email hosting, I usually leave it up to Google)

This is cool, and I’m so on board with decentralizing everything right now. The rise of the little guy against the giant corporations has been kind of a recurring theme for many years. I’m looking into this Handshake thing.

I don’t know that I’d say that specifically, but every idea gets filtered through a cost benefit analysis. Often the cost is not easily assumed from the outside because we have a lot of unique factors to consider at scale, and with the diversity of our customer base. In this case I like the idea but the cost to benefit ratio is too heavily tilted toward the cost.

After looking it over I still think it’s incredibly cool, but the steps to make it work with MXroute would be extremely destructive. Safe to say it’s unlikely to function with the service moving forward unless implementations are made that limit the scope of the required removal of certain protections that are necessary for it to operate.

For now, I’ve been looking for ways to use it for internal use, basically local messaging.

So you’d say MXRoute is more business oriented and I should look at using a localized mail server for these purposes?