So, after back and forth yesterday, I change the “mail” and “webmail” records from A records to CNAME and also removed the first MX record entry based on advice of community.
So, here is what the DNS zone record WAS:
IN MX 10 mail.peavyhome.com. IN MX 20 echo.mxrouting.net. IN MX 30 echo-relay.mxrouting.net. webmail IN A 18.104.22.168 mail IN A 22.214.171.124
So, based on advice, I changed the record to:
IN MX 10 echo.mxrouting.net. IN MX 20 echo-relay.mxrouting.net. webmail IN CNAME echo.mxrouting.net. mail IN CNAME echo.mxrouting.net.
And now MXroute panel cannot issue SSL cert because it can’t find mail.peavyhome.com (not that I should have to reissue the cert).
There is a long thread already about this, and a new thread on chat.
I am open to either:
- Reveting back to IP address and A records and just know that one day that may change;
- Figuring out the root cause.