Setting up DNS in google domains

Good Morning,

I am not very techy, and am having an issue entering my DNS settings into Google Domains

my type is MX
TTL is 1H
I have entered the domain records sent in the original email.

I think my issue is the “name” I have tried @ and waited 4 hours with no luck, now I am trying www

Is there a set name I should be using?

Check this out: https://support.google.com/a/answer/6248174?hl=en
Change the google. com addresses for your MXRoute MX DNS (like ocean.mxroute. com). Give priority 10 to the main record and 20 to the second record (like ocean-relay.mxroute. com). Use your sepcified MX records instead these examples, of course and remove all existing MX entries. The name shouldn’t be issue at all as, I think, it is just for you to identify the record.
Have you added the domain in MXRoute cPanel?

@HayleyGoldHop

I don’t use Google Domains personally, and what documentation I can find online is very odd … but as far as I can tell, you should be entering ‘@’ in the name box and the name of your MXRoute server in the data field, while choosing MX in the drop down menu.

‘www’ is absolutely incorrect unless your email addresses look like user@www.domain.tld.

DNS can take up to 48 hours to propagate though almost always it is just a few minutes.

If you are still having problems, feel free to PM me with your domain name and a live email address that you have set up in MXRoute. Please note that I am NOT MXRoute staff.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.