Roundcube Webmail: Date format for USA / America / Middle-endian?

Is there a means to get the Roundcube Webmail interface to reflect Middle-endian / USA / American date formatting of MMDDYYYY? Settings -> Preferences -> User Interface -> Date format only reflects the reset of the world, not the States. It looks like this issue was brought up to the Roundcube developers years ago - https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/5154 .

It does seem that the requested format is unavailable there right now. If you post a feature request or pull request to the Roundcube project that makes it to production, I’d be more than happy to update to that version.

I posted this question on the Roundcube IRC channel, “Is there a means to get the Roundcube Webmail interface to reflect Middle-endian / USA / American date formatting of MMDDYYYY?”

I got this response, “Did you consult your config file? Pretty sure it should be in there.”

You able to mess with the config file Jarland?

I aim to minimize custom server side configurations that require reapplication on every software update on the inbound servers, my list is already quite extensive.