Restricted for Sending Spam?

My email account is unable to send email. When I click on Email Accounts in cPanel, it says “Restricted for sending spam.” What does this mean and what do I do?

If your email account has been found sending spam email, we will suspend the outgoing email. At that stage it will be up to you to secure that email account. by clicking in “Manage” to the right of the address, you can take all necessary actions. Change the password, remove the suspension on sending, and everything is back to normal.

If you are continually found to be sending spam, this may be cause for termination of service. We do our best to keep you safe by halting this, but you may have an infected system that is causing your password to continually be compromised. If you are unable to resolve it, we may have to part ways to protect the rest of our customers.

Worthy side note: If you suspended the account’s features yourself, in the Manage interface, you would see the same message. The message merely replaces cPanel’s default “Restricted” wording, and assumes that so few of you use this feature intentionally yourselves that this would cause no misunderstandings.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.