Questions regarding the new DirectAdmin-based accounts

Based from the information in this board, new accounts are now provisioned with DirectAdmin as the control panel.

If I have an old cPanel-based account, is it possible to request migration to DirectAdmin? Is DirectAdmin better than cPanel for these kinds of accounts?

IMHO the servers with DA are amazing. There is one thing that is not supported and that is the ‘Delivery Tracking’ for inbound email. Otherwise DA has all the features that are needed.

I do not believe that MXroute is planning to do any migration from cPanel to DA accounts as they have a completely new email infrastructure in development utilizing WildDuck as the back end. That infrastructure should be available - soon. So rather than migrating accounts twice, the cPanel accounts will remain. I am certain that they would consider a request to be provisioned to DA but it would be entirely up to you to migrate accounts and emails to the new package on Lisa or Longhorn. Mention @Jarland or @Louis for further assistance or (most likely preferred) reach out to them on the MXroute Slack.

Thanks @Alento for reply!

Can we expect the new email infrastructure anytime soon? Or is it still in the planning stages?

It is beyond the planning stages as @Louis has been actively working on the admin panel for it, but I cannot offer a timeline. Perhaps @Louis can advise?

1 Like

I sure do hope they can update us with it, but thanks @Alento for all the information!