Ports blocked...host says not?

Hi guys,

Can anyone shed light on this?

Couldn’t access smtp via wp, spoke with d9 hosting several times and eventually they whitelisted mxroute ip address in their firewall. Everything worked fine for almost a day.

Yesterday (I’d setup an ar series to keep and eye on the smtp) nor emails were sent, checked in wp and ports 25, 465 and 587 are blocked.

Response from d9…

"Hi Phil,

I have checked the message in the live chat and found that the IP of the remote mail server is already white listed. Since it is permanantly added to the firewall it is not blocked from our end. We are also able to telnet to 25, 465 and 587 from our end. If you are not able to connect with them, please check with the remoe email service provider.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

Kind Regards"

Any help really appreciated

Thanks

Phil

They seem to be using ReliableSite for their website. Any idea if that’s where they run their shared hosting servers as well? The reason I ask is that there are some IP ranges that I block globally, but they’re from really bad networks and RS wouldn’t be among them.

Depending on which server you are on, it is also probable that these IPs are blocked on the server:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/stamparm/ipsum/master/ipsum.txt

But that list is continually kept up to date with directly and recently abusive IPs, I’ve not had a customer identify with any of them to date, they just help shave off some spam.

If you can find out what IP would be reaching out to make the connection to us, and let me know which server it is on, I’d be happy to check things on this side. You can message me here or on chat.mxroute.com.

Hi Jarland,

Spoke with the d9 guys this again and not sure why, but everything is working fine now.

I did throw a quick site together on a different host and that worked fine “out of the box”.

Anyways, many thanks for your help.

Cheers

Phil