NextCloud service - can't log in

Hi,

Nothing crucial, nor critical. Mail works perfectly fine. :slight_smile:

I read about the NextCloud introduction and tried to check it out, using:

Can’t log in either using main MXroute username and password, nor any
user@mydomain-hosted-with-mxroute.com
and the email password.

Getting a reply: “Wrong username or password”.

Has anyone else had the same problem?
The passwords are correct (work with MXroute’s other logins). Copy/pasted from KeePass, to avoid any typing errors.

We may have identified another instance in which some email accounts are not logging in through the IMAP proxy that we’re using to funnel the logins through, and we’ve pushed that to developers to review.

If you can create a test email account and replicate this with a password that you don’t mind sharing with me, send me the login details at chat.mxroute.com and I’ll investigate.

Note that your login must work at mail.mxlogin.com, which uses your domain’s MX records to determine which MXroute server your email is hosted on. This is the login funnel we’re using for NextCloud.

I am experiencing the same issue although I can login CrossBox just fine. Will ping you my temp username/password once my chat account is approved @Jarland.

I’m getting the same thing as bikegremlin when I try logging in on cloud.mxroute.com
I tried logging in on mail.mxlogin.com but get

HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘one.mxroute.com’, port=1703: Max retries exceeded with url: /api/v1/0/0/user/login/ (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urlib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x7f90c27f9438>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno 111] Connection refused’))

If I go to one.mxroute.com:2096 I can log into the webmail there with the e-mail address and password I tried on cloud.mxroute.com and mail.mxlogin.com. I can then use Horde or Roundcube OK, but if I try using the MX webmail option, I get “Failed login. Please try again.” (Although it still shows me logged in at the upper right.)

Is MXLogin and NextCloud not available if I’m on the one.mxroute.com server?

(Sorry for setting all the server names as preformatted text - otherwise I got a message that new users couldn’t post more than two links.)

Try again now @Teddin, I restarted the Crossbox slave on the One server. Thanks for helping me work out the bugs.

That seems to have done it, working now. Thanks @Jarland

Thank you - figured it out.

For anyone else with the same problem:

First one must login with mail.mxlogin.com.

After that is done, login to cloud.mxroute.com will work. Not before though.

I’d add this info on the pages explaining the new service.

P.S. Your service works very well in my experience and it’s cool to see you work on adding features and improving the basic functionality as well. Sorry to hear about the recent abuse (and troll) issues - but I take that as a sign of success - trolls and abuse come with greater popularity.

Happy holidays and the New Year.

I tried with one account first. It worked only after logging in mail.mxroute.com.

Then I tried another email account, just in case, to confirm. For that one I hadn’t logged in with mail.mxroute.com. As was the case with the first tried account, cloud.mxroute.com login didn’t work.

That’s how I drew my conclusion.

Edit: If the info is of any use:
Linux, Yandex browser (with ad blocker - if that matters), Serbian MTS ISP provider’s IP address (not a dedicated IP).

Edit2:
As far as I’m concerned, this works - I know what needs to be done to enable it.
If you want me to do any additional testing to help make it work as you intend it to, I’d be happy to help, let me know.

1 Like

It should though, that’s odd.

Confirmed same. Running that by the Crossbox devs.