Move domain to another mxroute plan

Hello, I have a 40gb plan on which I host several clients. One of them is already using about 20Gb of space and has agreed to upgrade to a dedicated 50gb plan for him alone. His domain is already active on the 40gb plan so I ask: what is the easiest way to move his domain, accounts and mail to the new plan? I would like to avoid having to manually download everything, setup the new accounts on the new plan, and then upload all folders to all accounts manually. Thank you.

Hey friend!

Unfortunately manual is the only path we can recommend right now. Though, imapsync should be able to take the bulk of the work:

https://imapsync.lamiral.info/X/

Jarland

Thank you for the quick reply, the issue with this is that the accounts will be the same, they will not be co-existing… Can I rename the old accounts or use an alias or something? I would probably have to delete the old accounts before I would be able to re-create them on the new plan, right?

No, not necessarily. This is the procedure that I would recommend following.

Purchase the new 50gb plan. Do NOT add any DNS records anywhere for it.
On the new server create the domain and the email accounts that you will be transferring over.
Use IMAPSYNC to transfer the mailboxes from the currently existing server to the new one. Note: You have no DNS records set yet for the new server, so you will need to use the IP address with IMAPSYNC as the host rather than the hostname.
Then when you are ready to switch over, schedule some downtime with the client - change the DNS records to the new account’s server, and do a final run of IMAPSYNC to pick up mails that have arrived in the meantime.

I think following this plan would be the simplest and offer the best results.