Mail from web app not working - RESOLVED

I have three domains with MXRoute and two other domains I have migrated for another entity. I have set them all up and they are working with Apple Mail and are working in the browser with Webmail, etc., everything is fine.

However…

I have a web application I have built. When my domains were hosted with Gmail and also with GoDaddy, I could use the log in credentials in the web app to send email.

Now, I cannot,

My web app admin interface allows me to set up the email log in criteria (user name, PW, etc.)

Settings are set to my user name (for example: myname@mydomain.com) and the correct password. Port is 587. SSL is checked to be used, as is TLS. I can also not use TLS. Doesn’t matter. The web app can test the connection and it works.

But when I send email, nothing. Here the log from my application:

"ERROR","Thread-1366529","04/21/2020","20:45:11","","mail;Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.tdwellness.com, port: 587;lucee.runtime.exp.NativeException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.tdwellness.com, port: 587
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1961)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:654)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:295)
at lucee.runtime.net.smtp.SMTPSender.run(SMTPSender.java:59)
Caused by: javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.tdwellness.com, port: 587;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unsupported or unrecognized SSL message
... 4 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unsupported or unrecognized SSL message
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.handleUnknownRecord(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:441)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketInputRecord.decode(SSLSocketInputRecord.java:184)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLTransport.decode(SSLTransport.java:108)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.decode(SSLSocketImpl.java:1460)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readHandshakeRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:1368)
at java.base/sun.security.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:437)
at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.configureSSLSocket(SocketFetcher.java:549)
at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.createSocket(SocketFetcher.java:354)
at com.sun.mail.util.SocketFetcher.getSocket(SocketFetcher.java:211)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1927)
... 3 more

"

So, what am I doing wrong? Now, I know that no one here can troubleshoot a third party app, something that I built, etc… All of that. Yeah, I know.

But the only thing that changed here is that I switched from hosting the mail at GoDaddy to hosting the mail at MX Route.

We’ve been sending and receiving email no problem with the account using third party mail clients, webmail interface, etc.

@DerrickPeavy

My first question is going to be which version of TLS is your app using?

Well, actually the first question should be if you have attempted to use port 465? And if you have attempted every possible version of ports 25,2525,465, 587, with/without SSL checked, with/without TLS, etc.

I have been able to get the application admin to send test mail by removing the SSL and TLS options but leaving the port as 587. Going to open a new thread about TLS (after searching for it) and see if I can understand how to use TLS with my setup. My version is 1.2 or 1.3, but I think I’ m using 1.3 only in Tomcat which is the servlet container for the app.