Mail from specific mailserver not arriving

Hi!

We have some issues of mails coming from a particular mailserver not arriving… Anything sent from hc010.nl-nserver.nl does not seem to arrive at any of our accounts running on friday.mxlogin.com - sending from hc010.nl-nserver.nl to other providers (like gmail for example) does work (with SPAM scores staying below 5).

I do also not see any blocks or fails in the Track Delivery interface. Even when I add the mail address that’s sending the mails to SpamAssassin’s whitelist, still nothing arrives.

If I have mails sent to a gmail account that’s forwarding the messages to the MXRoute account e-mail, then the mails do come in.

Any ideas?

Wes

I had blocked that /19 the other day because a spammer has been cycling through LeaseWeb servers in that range and just flooding spam. I’ll go ahead and unblock it on the Friday server, hopefully the event is over.

Not sure why the sending mail server is using the less preferred friday-relay (priority 20 vs priority 10 for friday) but I’d say a time-out is not what you’d want even if it is the lesser preferred one. This is what they’ve sent us from their logs:

Jan 23 10:07:36 hc010 postfix/smtp[10728]: connect to friday-relay.mxlogin.com[159.69.65.104]:25: Connection timed out

Here’s a bit more but couldn’t post it in one message because “new users are only allowed to post 2 links” and I can’t seem to make it so that it doesn’t automatically create links from text…

Jan 23 10:07:36 hc010 postfix/smtp[10728]: 2AE5F8096DC44: to=<john@XXX>, relay=none, delay=73845, delays=73760/0.02/85/0, dsn=4.4.1, status=deferred (connect to friday-relay.mxlogin.com[159.69.65.104]:25: Connection timed out)

Gotcha! Thanks for the reply, have a good one.