Is this something MXroute can do?

Hey everyone. I am looking to purchase MXroute, but before I jump the gun I want to make sure it can do what I’m hoping to accomplish.

• My goal is to have one central email that I can use. For example:
    email@domain.com
  • I then want to have many different sub-emails (alias/disposable/etcetera). They would look something like this:
    netflix@domain.com
    hulu@domain.com
    vps@domain.com
  • I would want all of my sub-emails to be viewable when I log into my central/primary email address.
  • I would want to be able to delete the sub-emails as needed (namely, if they start to receive spam).
  • I do NOT want a catchall (if at all possible) so that random email addresses are allowed to go to my central/primary email address. I would want to not allow, for example:
    iashdf@domain.com

Please let me know if anyone has experience with something like this. If MXroute CAN do this then I’ll jump on board today. Thanks for your time!

I just explained a scenario similar to this to someone on reddit a bunch of hours ago. You perhaps??? @IFireflyl

Start jumping! It will work perfectly. Let me explain the set up to you:

Create your main user mailbox.
Create your ‘sub-emails’ as forwarders pointing to your main mailbox. At this point all mail for the ‘sub-email’ addresses will appear ONLY in the main inbox.
Create an identity in your email client for each ‘sub-email’ so that you can respond from that specific email account.

With this set up you can add and delete forwarders at will. There is no catch-all set up however you DO have that option.

Additionally, I have some ‘sub-emails’ which are important and I also have actually created a mailbox for them. I then set the forwarder for both, so I have a backup of this addresses incoming mail. This is likely over kill for most.

I’ve purchased the DA Large package. It’s WAY overkill, but I plan on having this thing for 10+ years unless something goes belly-up. One thing I noticed is that it says I don’t have an SSL. I’m assuming this is something that is recommended?

Hey Alento! It was not me that you responded to on Reddit. I didn’t even think about heading over there. :smiley:

I just bought a 10 year domain that I want to use for this sole purpose, so I’m excited that this has something similar to what I’m requesting.

One additional question that I have, if you would allow me to pick your brain:

You said that this works by forwarding emails. In your experience is this generally a pretty snappy process, or can the forwarding take a bit? Email isn’t my primary method of communication so it’s doubtful I’ll be overly concerned (or even notice) if an email comes in 5-10 minutes later (just as an example), but I would like to know of any potential issues that you may have seen with this setup.

SSL will be set up as you set up your account. Yes, it is absolutely recommended, but NO do not go out and purchase a SSL certificate - it is included.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to head over to the MXroute support chat located at: https://chat.mxroute.com

As long as all of the email addresses are contained within your account, or even on the same MXroute server there are no issues with this set up.
Issues begin to appear when you are forwarding to a different MXroute server.
Issues begin to be complex with you are forwarding to a different provider.

But as only the first scenario is in play with your intended use case … no problems.

Oh, and I realized that I didn’t actually answer your question … there is no time difference as it works somthing like this:
Postman checks the building directory
Postman sees that the addressee is in this unit
When forwarding is in play the directory says to deliver to that unit instead
Postman delivers to that unit
Same time difference.