Is there support for plus addressing? username+service@domain.com

This is a well know feature in Gmail, and i discovered that cPanel also supported

But i’ve tested and i didn’t receive the email or an delivery error…

Any ideas?

Hello @claudiof,

Welcome to the MXroute Community forums.

I’ve just tested the plus aliases and it appears to work. However, I didn’t receive the email until I subscribed to the folder. May I ask what email client you used, as it may assist in finding the hidden folder.

I have a similar issue. I need to disable “Automatically Create Folders for Plus”, which is step 6 on this list:

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/80Docs/Email+Accounts

This option isn’t available on MXRoute.

I need the option in order to enable bounced-email handling on my software, which would help both of our causes.

And yes i know this article

https://mxroute.helpscoutdocs.com/article/21-how-to-plus-aliases-work

But it doesn’t work, it doesn’t create the Folder.

Also the new releases of cPanel supports the fact that it does not depende on folders, so if did not exists, just deliver in the Inbox.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

I have confirmed that plus addressing is working as described in that article on our servers at this time. I know nothing of the cPanel update that you speak to, except that I skimmed over something about it and haven’t investigated it further (I believe it was something of a toggle, perhaps something to implement in my template at a later date).

Upon sending an email to me+loltest@jarland.me, I received a new email in a newly created folder “loltest” under the email me@jarland.me.

If your email client is not subscribed to the folder, it likely will not see it.

Step #6 but yes.

If it was the default that was great, justl ike gmail, outlook, etc

• In the Automatically Create Folders for Plus Addressing section, select one of the following options:
  • Automatically Create Folders — When you receive an email that uses plus addressing, the system will create a new folder.
  • Do Not Automatically Create Folders — When you receive an email that uses plus addressing, the system will not create a new folder.

Note:

• The server moves a message that uses plus addressing to a designated folder if the folder exists. For example, the system would place a message to user+plusaddress@example.com in the plusaddress folder.
  • If the folder does not exist and you select Do Not Automatically Create Folders , the server will deliver the message to the INBOX folder.
1 Like

thank you, corrected it with an edit. I’m gettin sleepy here :sleeping:

I’m hoping this is a simple permission issue MXRoute can fix, so I don’t have to do the workaround you linked for each domain.

EDIT: Jarland confirmed this isn’t an easy fix on his end, so I’ll do the workaround instead.

I was using Rouncube on MXRoute.

The folder wasn’t appear automatic… it’s necessary to go to Folder Actions (lower left screen) -> Manage Folders and then it will appear.

I also found this workaround for anyone who is interested.

1 Like