Is there any way to archive or journal to MailPiler?

I have used MailPiler with an number of other solutions and would like to move a number of my clients to mxroute. A couple of my clients use MailPiler hosted on their local server. Do you have any way of connecting to something like this without manually configuring mailpiler to read each mailbox and import the e-mail?

Hey friend,

I’m not familiar with MailPiler, but it seems to be able to authenticate against an IMAP server:

http://www.mailpiler.org/wiki/current:imap-authentication

So I assume it should work with our service fine, but I have no idea what it takes to configure import for each email account.

Hi Jarland,

I did purchase your service. Now I am trying to get mailpiler (free e-mail archiving system) to work. The problem I am having is that, although it does authenticate correctly, it does not actually pull the e-mails using that authentication, it only allows the user to log into mailpiler.

What they want you to do is set up a archive mailbox that all of your inbound and outbound emails are bcc to. Then set up an interval for mailpiler to poll that new mailbox and archive the e-mails. Since the emails are send as a bcc, the archive logs the email under the sender and recipients.

What I am testing is having a server in front of mxroute (most likely a SPAM filter like ScolloutF1) and configure the postfix on that server to do a bcc to an archival mailbox on my domain. That will solve the issue for all of the inbound emails. I am still trying to find a way to do something similar for the outbound.

It really would be helpful if mxroute would seriously look at having a bcc option for all inbound and outbound email. This would resolve the issue for being able to archive all e-mails.

Once I come up with a solution I can update my DNS records to start actually using the hosting.

Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Lowell

Be careful as this is going to break SPF for all inbound email, and that can have varying degrees of relevance based on a sending domain’s SPF and DMARC records. I typically only whitelist IPs to be exempt from checks when they’re major services that I know aren’t going anywhere so as to not create security holes for later when a customer’s setup changes without my knowledge.