IP leak in Mailheader

Hello!

I’ve a forum based on IPBoard and just went through possible security risks and I noticed that the header of the mails contains the IPv4 in plain, which can be assigned 1:1 to my server. I didn’t find anything in the forum settings that I could say is leaking the IP here and I’m a bit afraid of possible DDoS attacks.

Server is behind cloudflare and those are my CF DNS settings:

regards

I have a client which uses IPB. They do not have that problem.

Are you certain that you are using SMTP authentication rather than sending emails via the MTA of the server?

I am not MXroute staff, but I could check that quickly if you were to send a test mail (PM for address) where I could see the headers … or alternatively if you’d post the complete headers here.

I have the server configs set to remove the Received header from the incoming (for the purpose of outgoing) email, so you should be clear if the app is authenticating over SMTP. If it is going through our servers and leaking the IP, grab the full headers for me and toss me a message on here or Slack.

Also here is a random guide demonstrating how email should be set up within IPB. Please note that the values you will enter should correspond to your welcome email.

But yes, I’ll write you a PM and send you a test mail.

I’ve upgraded IPB (I was one minor version behind) and now it seems to be okay. Gonne re-check everything again but right now, it’s looking okay for me.