Incoming Messages Not Accepted/Considered as Spam

Hey there,

I have quite a few users complaining about not being able to receive messages from customers or potential customers. Senders are getting the dreadful:
host ocean.mxroute.com [195.201.59.214]
SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
550 “This mail cannot be forwarded because it was detected as spam.”

Putting email addresses / domains in whitelist is not an option because in most of these cases, the senders are potentially new customers and thus unknown.

I can understand that losing potential customers/sales is a pain and sympathize with them. So I’m sad to even think about having to move those mailboxes to different service(s). Before I do that I would like to ask if there is anything else I could do.

Do you think it will make any difference setting a custom threshold (e.g. to 10 or higher) in the (per mailbox) Spam filters settings?

Is there anything else I could try?

1 Like

Greetings!

Unfortunately it is too highly desired that services like ours be used as a conduit for other services like Google, Hotmail, Yahoo, etc. As these services truly do not wish to be used in such a way, they penalize us for treating them that way. By us, I mean you too, as our customer. My primary goal is that when you sit down and type out an email, or send an email from your hosted applications, that they arrive at their recipient’s inboxes. To facilitate this, in combination with the popularity of using us as merely a conduit for third party services, we have to heavily filter email forwarding.

The answer is simply to not use email forwarding to external services. There may be other solutions available that help, especially if forwarding to Google is the goal. You can read a more extensive answer on this here:

https://community.mxroute.com/t/why-are-some-emails-not-forwarded-to-gmail-yahoo-hotmail-other

I would absolutely love for people to use our service directly instead of seeing us as merely a conduit to another service :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Heya Jarland, thank you for the reply.

At first I didn’t quite think your answer was spot on, but then it hit me!

You see, I hadn’t noticed that some of the users are auto-forwarding their email messages to Gmail, Yahoo, etc. This is something I too don’t like. And now, the error message (This mail cannot be forwarded) makes perfect sense.

Thank you for pointing that out.

1 Like