Incoming mail from t-online.de gets 550 blocked by bl.spamcop.net

Hello,
I’m having issues receiving e-mail from t-online.de addresses, whenever they get listed in the spamcop database. They usually get removed fast, however even a short spamcop listing causes important incoming mail to be dropped completely. T-online is aware of this issue and recommends whitelisting their mailservers listed here. Could someone tell me how to whitelist them? Or does it have to be done by the mxroute admins?

Thank you and with best regards,
dashie

It would have to be done by us. The only way for that to be whitelisted would be globally, meaning it would impact all accounts and not just yours. In a case like this I won’t whitelist, but instead recommend that they get a handle on their servers being used to send spam. If they won’t, maybe this will encourage people to stop using their service as they block an excessive amount of inbound email and are consistently unreliable as an email provider. While I’m not taking a direct position against them, I’d like to not stand in the way of a good reason for their customers to complain about how they manage their service.

On a lighter note, I would be willing to strike a deal with them and whitelist their IPs if they would whitelist ours. As it stands, they block our IPs daily as a result of our customers sending legitimate non-spam emails to their customers, and I have to email them regularly to ask them to manually unblock them. We still get everyone’s emails to them, but they force us to delay many of them without cause. That might explain why I’m reluctant to do them any favors.

Thank you jarland for the clarification. I fully understand your position on that matter.
T-Online is still very common among the age >40 in germany, sadly exactly the kind of people that refuse to change their mailprovider. I will try contacting them and see what they say regarding whitelisting mxroute (but from what I’ve seen in their community forum, they claim spamcop to be not a reliable blocklist and insist on people whitelisting them).

With best regards,
dashie