Important Account Information mail and SMTP errors

Hi,
I’m trying to configure my first domain with MX Route. Unfortunately, I don’t have ‘Important Account Information’ email in my email history section in my profile. I’ve found a few details (MX records an SPF Record) but no IM, SMTP details etc.
Also, I got errors from MXToolBox about DMARC (I will try to fix it by adding DKIM value to my DNS) and also about SMTP:
Reverse DNS does not contain the hostname
Reverse DNS is not a valid Hostname
Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner
How can I get the information about my IMAP/SMTP details and how can I fix these issues?

Please let me know, thanks.

Hey friend!

I’m not sure what happened with the welcome email as it was some time ago, but I’ve just sent a copy to you now.

As for mxtoolbox, I would not put much faith in it’s tests. Their system is not capable of understanding the complexity of ours. To give one example, they check the PTR of the IP behind your MX record and state a lack of it as an error, but they are unaware that outbound email does not use that IP and therefore it does not require a PTR record.

A better choice for testing email deliverability would be this:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Okay, I’ve got it. Thanks a lot for your reply. 8.6/10 after all configurations done on the mail-tester.com so I think quite nice :slight_smile: Also, I have sent a test email to MS Live (outlook), gmail and another mail address in my domain, all of these messages were in the inbox, not in the junk folder so I’m very happy.
Do you recommend adding DMARC DNS entry? If yes, what entry? I have configured SPF and DKIM correctly with cPanel and my domain registrant DNS but not DMARC as, to be honest, I don’t clearly understand why to use it.

Best Regards

In my honest opinion, DMARC isn’t super helpful unless it’s something that you’re well educated on and know that you want it. I don’t see it improving deliverability myself.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for your help! I’m very happy with my current results and now I know, that MXTools sucks. If you don’t have DMARC DNS record, they mark it as ‘serious error’.
I’m very happy with your support and appreciate it, really. Thank you again.

1 Like