How to set up autoresponders so they activate automatically? I.e. weekends?

Hi all, new to the service, been great so far.

Does anyone know how I can set up autoresponders (such as “You have emailed us out of hours” etc) so they activate automatically on weekends?

We have a problem that clients don’t seem to understand that emailing in the late hours of Saturday night won’t get an instant response and they’re amazed that we didn’t respond until the next business day.

is there any way to set these up on MX?

Good question! There won’t be a server side function for this with us, but it may be possible that an email client (think Outlook, Thunderbird, etc) has some kind of functionality like this which could be utilized while a computer is left on and running it.

@Jarland - thanks. We use Thunderbird but sadly it requires the client computer to be left on the entire time which is a real waste. I’m trying to find something server side, maybe something like a cron job in cpanel but that’s well beyond me sadly :frowning:

(I had actually looked in to something for Thunderbird but it also requires 3rd party extensions which come with a much larger feature base than just the one function I’m looking for so it seems overkill).