How to send mail by other than SMTP

Hello.

I want to send mail from a web server with a mail account created in Mxroute with PHP.
In this case, is there any way to send the mail by a method other than SMTP (API etc.)?
When sending by SMTP, I am worried that it takes a little time to send.
If there is any good way, could you tell me?

Best regards.

Great question! SMTP is the only method we support for sending email. If there’s a delay in the email, it is likely unrelated to the protocol used.

Hello.
Sorry for lack of explanation.
First of all, mail delivery is not delayed.
I send mail by specifying an SMTP server with PHP using a library called PHPMailer.
However, with this method, it takes about 2 to 3 seconds to display the page due to the characteristics of SMTP transmission.
So I wondered if I could send it via API, etc.
However, I understand that transmission methods other than SMTP are not supported.
Thank you very much.
Best regards.

Hello.

You could consider sending asynchronously. Usually you do this with a job queue or you write the message into a database and have a cronjob running every minute or every ten minutes that really sends it.

Thank you for the advice.
It’s a bit hard, but I decided to do so.
Thank you very much.

Best regards.

You could consider sending asynchronously. Usually you do this with a job queue or you write the message into a database and have a cronjob running every minute or every ten minutes that really sends it.

Email by definition is sent via SMTP. You are looking at creating something with PHP which will then connect to SMTP such as Laravel Swiftmailer, etc. This is really not my area of knowledge but if done correctly … there is no impact on delivery times whatsoever.