Editing Sieve rules/filters through DirectAdmin?

I’m wondering if there is a way to edit Sieve rules for a user account through DirectAdmin. Currently, I’ve been going through Roundcube webmail and writing the rules for the account. However, this means that I first have to know their username/password to be able to login as them.

It would be useful for me to be able to help them author rules/filters without having to know their password.

(I did see a topic earlier for “Sieve publicly accessible”, but I wasn’t clear on how on what tools to use against that port.)

Thanks!

In the Email Accounts area there’s a + over to the right, and it should let you log in to their webmail without password (if it’s working, this features is in beta and I’ve had varying reports). I’m not sure there would be another way as you should need to authenticate as the user to edit sieve filters over 4190.

The server is lisa.mxrouting.net.

Okay, thanks. The “+” sign only shows me three options, “Change Password/Username”, “Change Limits”, and “Download Configuration.” In any case, I only a have a few family members under my account so this isn’t a big deal.

Which server is that? I’ll see if I can get it to appear again. I’ve had it on and not appearing a couple of times as well.

Fixed, until it breaks again.

1 Like