Don't Receive Emails from Gmail

Hello, I have problem with some emails in ghost.
Some emails don’t receive emails from gmail. What I have to do?

Greetings!

The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure that your MX records are pointing to us and us alone. You can do that here:
https://www.whatsmydns.net/ (change the A box to MX, input your domain without www)

If your MX records are fine, and they have been set for more than 4 hours (average high end), question if you are receiving any mail at all. If not, go into Email Routing (in cPanel), select the domain, and make sure it’s set to Local Exchanger. If this is true and you’re still not receiving any email, reach out to us on Slack (https://mxroute.com/help.html).

If you are receiving some mail and not others, and your MX records have been set for 4 hours or more, you can use Track Delivery in cPanel to search for the email in question. If you don’t see it there, we’re down to two options:

1. Did they really send the email or do they think they did? Their mail server can have problems, and the possibility of that being true became more likely by having simply arrived this far in my reply here without finding the answer.

2. If they couldn’t reach us or received an error when trying, their mail server is obligated to send them a bounce email containing a description of the issue. If their mail server is not broken, they should be able to provide this to you. You can either interpret from that error what to do next, or bring it to us for advice.

Another way that I’ve worded this in the past, from our old knowledgebase (as it can provide a different way to read my thoughts on the subject):

If your DNS is set correctly and you have your addresses configured on our system, the sender should be aware of why you are not receiving email from them. If, for any reason, we reject an email or a connection, the sending server is obligated to bounce the email back to the sender and state why it failed. That message is of vital importance for troubleshooting, if you can get ahold of it. If they are not getting a bounce message with the error, this most likely means one of three things:

1. Their mail server is still trying to send it, and will bounce the error after it has exhausted it’s attempts.

2. Their mail server is delivering the email to some other place that is not our service, and they should investigate their server to find out why.

3. Their mail server is broken. They should investigate the server to find out why.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.