Custom webmail subdomain

Hi,

First of all, I want to say that I’m very impressed about the MXRoute service. Lot of features at a very budget price :slightly_smiling_face:

What I want to accomplish is to use a custom subdomain for the webmail. In my case I want to have:

correo.mydomain.es

For the webmail.

What I have working is webmail.mydomain.es, also with SSL. But what I’m trying is to have also a custom subdomain different than webmail.

Is that possible?

Thanks.

Hey friend!

Glad to hear that the service is working well for you. I’ll take this as a feature request but currently the only subdomain you can use for webmail will be the webmail subdomain. This is hard coded in to software that we license right now, but we’re always working on new things to improve the service.

Thank you for the quick response.

What I’m going to do is a redirection from the old domain correo… to the new one webmail…

And for the subdomain used for IMAP/SMTP servers I did some research and I can use correo… without any issue.

CNAME? But then you will have browser warnings for no SSL certificate, I believe.

Again, I think that your clients are going to complain because of the certificate.

Let us know how things go.

In the end I’m using the default webmail subdomain :slight_smile:

Hi @jmsosso

As Jarland indicated it is not possible with the current set up to do this, however it is indeed possible to have an instance of Roundcube, Rainloop, or even some other webmail clients hosted which would allow you to use any subdomain that you like and will connect to the server via IMAP.

1 Like