Crossbox Not Working for One Domain

Hi there! I wanted to use CrossBox webmail for my domains and it works on one (the one whose email address is linked to this Q&A account) but not the other. Is there a way to fix this?

Many thanks.

Thanks for reaching out on this. I created a test email account on your domain and tested with crossbox without issue. It may be possible that it just needed a little time to sync over the domain, and that it’s resolvers hadn’t yet seen your updated MX records. The Crossbox master exists as a standalone entity that uses an algorithm to determine which backend server you’re on, which is why that delay may have existed.

Thanks for your answer! Oddly, it still doesn’t work for me. I go into the server Control Panel (echo.mxrouting.net:2222) and log in; I then click on the links Webmail and then Crossbox (the link points to https://mail.mxlogin.com/), and attempt to log in. It then says ‘incorrect credentials’.

Using the links to Roundcube or Rainloop with the same email address and password do work. And on my other domain, following the same process works.

You might very well be right. I have a complicated password with lots of symbols. I’ll check this in the next couple of days and report back. Thanks for your troubleshooting on this one!

Hmm. That limits my thoughts a bit. There was a case in the past where certain characters in passwords weren’t passed on through the imap proxy on the crossbox master. If you set a simpler password does it happen to work? If you find that to be the case and can make a similar password that proves to fail but isn’t one that you continue to use, you can message me at chat.mxroute.com (use portal.mxroute.com login info) and let me know what that sample password is, then I can run it to the devs.