Cant Access Emails on Work

Hi, I’m unable to send, receive or connect to mxroute at my office. Everything works fine when I’m home. What ports should I ask IT to unblock so I can login via webmail and connect via outlook.

Welcome!

If you are on a cPanel server (you are, but I’m going to answer for both, for the benefit of other readers):

The webmail port is 2096. The other email ports are standard:
IMAP - 143, 993
POP3 - 110, 995
SMTP: 25, 465, 587

If you are on a DirectAdmin server, the webmail port is 443 which is default for HTTPS, so it may not be a port block at all, and you may want to check with your IT dept.

Cool, do I need to unblock the webmail port at work in order to send/receive mail via outlook?

Yes I can connect to other services. Are there any additional details I need to provide for the whitelisting for MXROUTE?

That did the trick! Thanks a lot Jar…

I would just give your server name. In the “Important Account Information” email that’s the IMAP/SMTP server, and also the hostname you enter in the URL bar to visit webmail. Just say “I need email ports opened to that server.”

You do not. Standard email ports work fine. If you can connect to other mail services over standard ports, it may be that your IT team has whitelisted certain services. They might be able to add ours.