Cannot create usable Login Key

I have a person who I need to delegate authority to manage email accounts to. So I created a login key for him in DA. The problem is that they key is unusable – It cannot be used to log in. When used, I get the error message "Hmm, login details do not seem to be correct. Please try again. "

If I create an all-access (i.e., I set all commands to “Allow”) login key, it works fine – I can log in with it. But when I create one limited to the commands below, I cannot even log in.

I did notice while creating an all-access login key where I explicitly allow ALL commands, that CMD_LOGIN is among the commands allowed. The problem is that I cannot find that command in the list to explicitly allow or deny it. Could this be the issue? If so, how do I explicitly allow that command ?

These are the commands I want to give to my admin:

CMD_CHANGE_DOMAIN
CMD_EMAIL_AUTORESPONDER
CMD_EMAIL_AUTORESPONDER_CREATE
CMD_EMAIL_AUTORESPONDER_MODIFY
CMD_EMAIL_CATCH_ALL
CMD_EMAIL_FILTER
CMD_EMAIL_FORWARDER
CMD_EMAIL_FORWARDER_MODIFY
CMD_EMAIL_LIST
CMD_EMAIL_POP
CMD_EMAIL_REG
CMD_EMAIL_USAGE
CMD_EMAIL_VACATION
CMD_EMAIL_VACATION_CREATE 

Thanks for your time!

The keys were intended for API use. Logging in to DirectAdmin may instantly expose items that cover almost all of the permissions listed for a key, making it’s UI incompatible with a limited key. The UI doesn’t adjust to the permissions given to a key as that wasn’t it’s imagined function.

Our reseller service does allow you to delegate users their own DirectAdmin accounts though. It requires a bit more work to set up, you can see a good walkthrough for setting it up here: https://mxroutehelp.com/index.php/category/reseller/ (I wrote these in reverse order, bottom to top).

Thanks for the response. That’s good to know. I’ll make him up some kind of API-based thing to manage email addresses.