Can I Format email Address with Upper and Lower Case?

Perhaps I’m missing something that’s right under my nose but I can’t seem to find a way to format email addresses. For example, I’d like janedoe@gmail.com to be JaneDoe@gmail.com.
Is this possible? If so, where do I go do make modifications? Thanks in advance!

Great question!

Capitalization in email is not recognized by the server, and is something written by the email client. So technically if you’re setting up an email client (like Outlook or Thunderbird) and you put the email address in as JaneDoe@yourdomain.tld, that is how your email client will write the From header when sending email.

However, when using our webmail solutions, this is generally not possible as it sets the From header to the email address logged in with, and capitalization is not part of the email address itself.

Edit: Actually, I misspoke. You can do this in our webmail if you are on the servers Lisa or Longhorn. In Roundcube, click on Settings, Identities, then on your email. You can make a change on the right side and click Save.

Thank you Jarland for quick reply!

Wow. That’s great news. I knew it was right under my nose. lol…I could smell it!
Heading there now.

If you set MixedCase in Indentities setting in RoundCube, it seems to keep it for the username part (domain name was lowercase when sent). :slight_smile:

Actually, I misspoke. You can do this in our webmail if you are on the servers Lisa or Longhorn. In Roundcube, click on Settings, Identities, then on your email. You can make a change on the right side and click Save.