Bit confused with Junk folders

Apologies if this is an obvious question, am coming back to roundcube after a long period of gap so am trying to revise myself with all its features and functions.

When I log into roundcube, i see there are two ‘Junk’ folders (one under inbox folder and one acting as a parent folder)

My query is… if I disable the child junk folder under inbox and set roundcube to send all spam to the junk folder outside inbox, will this setting be followed by crossbox and other imap/email app or do I have to configure each app to follow the same set?

Basically, am checking if there’s any options to not show junk folder under inbox without configuring every single email client i’ll be using in future.

Thanks,

The only thing you can’t control is where the server delivers emails to in relation to settings you can’t configure. Those should only be the inbox and the spam folder when DirectAdmin is configured to send emails to the spam folder. I’m uncertain about Crossbox’s separate filtering, but you likely can’t set which spam folder it chooses either.

As far as what your email client (including Roundcube) view as the primary spam/junk folder, that would generally be configurable. Some email clients automatically set “INBOX” as their IMAP prefix, so Sent, Drafts, and Junk end up being INBOX/Sent, INBOX/Drafts, INBOX/Junk. Some don’t, and have to be configured to set “INBOX” as the IMAP prefix in order to map them in that way (which might be preferable to match your settings elsewhere).

Hope that makes sense. It makes sense in my head but it’s one of the easiest things to get confused with.

Thanks Jarland,

That makes sense. I did some ‘trial and error’ with different combinations of folders, client apps and spamassasin in DA to achieve what I wanted. Works for now.

In case if I want to change anything in future, I guess i’ve got enough options and understanding of what needs to be done. :slight_smile: