Access to employee email accounts as account owner

I want to use MXroute as my email system for my small business. (i.e. owner@acme.com, employee1@acme.com, etc.)

I need to be able to access/monitor/retain my employees emails (both received and sent).

Is this possible? I dug around a bit myself and did not see this feature.

Thanks!

If you are the account owner, then you’d have full access to the employees webmail from the control panel.

If you are wanting to retain incoming and outgoing emails you need to look into a mail archiving solution.

Yeah that’s tricky. The only thing I could think of is if you maintained a server in the middle that your employees used for SMTP. You could capture it before sending it on to us or something like that. It’s just a theory as I’ve never implemented a server like this.

How about the ability to log into their webmail? Do I have access to this somehow, regardless of the password the employee sets in their webmail interface?

Yes you’ll have that ability

@Jarland Can you please explain where/how to access my employees webmail. I have looked at haven’t been able to figure it out. Thanks.

Thanks for the response, could you please clarify a few things:

“If you are the account owner, then you’d have full access to the employees webmail from the control panel.”

It is my understanding that legacy MXroute users have a cPanel control panel. I am on the new system. I don’t see any option for accessing webmail. Of course I could log into and employees webmail, but this will not work if they change their password.

“If you are wanting to retain incoming and outgoing emails you need to look into a mail archiving solution.”

Can you please suggest a “mail archiving solution”?
Also, I can use an email forwarder to forward all of an employees incoming mail to my personal inbox. However, I don’t see a way to forward their SENT email to my personal inbox. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sure. In DirectAdmin under Email Accounts there should be a small icon to the right of the email address. If you mouse over it the tooltip says sign in to webmail. Here’s a screenshot:

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 2.01.19 PM