2FA on MXlogin vs Alternate Login

I just tried out mxlogin[dot]com instead of going to the specific server[dot]mxroute[dot]com:port and logging in.

I see mxlogin[dot]com has TFA options.

If I enable TFA on mxlogin[dot]com for an email account, does it affect logging in through the server. mxroute[dot]com:port way? In another way, if TFA is enabled on MXLOGIN[dot]com, can it be bypassed by going server[dot]mxroute[dot]com:port route which does not have TFA.

I am limited to 2 links per post, so I replaced the dots…

Great question! The two-factor authentication in Crossbox (m x l o g i n beta) email client will not have any impact on the slave server, which means that it can only protect you on logins that go toward that server and it’s web-based login.

I do want to implement two-factor in a way that is similar to what Google has, which allows you to bypass 2FA only by generated passwords (for services that do not support 2FA like IMAP, SMTP, POP, etc). This will probably not be part of any short-term plans though unless Crossbox works out to be the perfect solution for all users in all cases, at which time I may look at blocking the other webmail solutions.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.