SMTP Error 550. Failed to add recipient (new setup)

Hello!
I’ve signed up for a reseller account and set up our website and a client email.

I’ve been able to generate an SSL for both domains and tried to follow the instructions on custom domain.

When trying to send an email from the client’s webmail (webmail.clientwebsite.com) I get a "SMTP Error 550. Failed to add recipient test@mywebsite.com (No such recipient here)".

These are our website’s and our client’s DNS settings on Cloudflare:
dns6
Sorry for all the blurred out fields.

Also, when trying to send an email to the newly created account, I get a 550 Sender verify failed error.

I guess you will see at first sight where I got it wrong.

By the way, I noticed on the billing dashboard that I purchased a 2019 promotion, hope that’s ok? :sweat_smile: It was on your FB.

Thanks, Andrea

Most likely you’ve added the recipient domain to the reseller server, and you’re hoping that your email will be sent to a different, remote location. However, the server first checks it’s list of local domains for delivery. If the domain exists in that server’s configuration, it will only attempt local delivery unless you tell it otherwise. So if you sent to an email address on that domain that you did not create for that domain on the reseller server, it would say “I host email for this domain because I was instructed to, and I have no recipient by that name on that domain.”

For this reason you should only add domains in DirectAdmin that you intend to host on the server. If for some reason you must have a domain added to DirectAdmin that does not have it’s email hosted on the server, you should go into the MX Records area (at user level) and uncheck the check box on that page.

Likely some other variation of those same events mentioned above. If you sort out all cases of that, you’ll likely see this fall in line. This may be due to sending remotely to the reseller server, from a domain that the reseller server thinks it hosts because it was added in DirectAdmin. That in turn leads the reseller server to say “I was told that I host mail for this domain, why is someone else sending me mail from it?” (or “Sender verify failed” in exim language)

@Metric

Your DNS records are incorrect!!! You DO NOT copy records from the Direct Admin panel.

Please read the email that you received with the [Importantant Reseller Account Information].

Hello @Jarland,

Removing the domain from the reseller in DirectAdmin did the trick! thanks!